Our Mission is to Advance Stormwater Management Throughout Colorado by Conducting Practical Research and Providing Education and Training Opportunities.
Founded in 2013 with support provided by the Mile High Flood District, Colorado Association of Stormwater and Floodplain Managers (CASFM), Colorado Stormwater Council (CSC) and the State of Colorado Water Quality Control Division, the Colorado Stormwater Center provides education, performs training and conducts research with the goal of maintaining and improving the health of lakes, rivers and streams through proper stormwater management.
We provide education opportunities on the proper design, operation and maintenance of stormwater practices applicable to Colorado’s semi-arid climate.
We strive to enhance the quality of the State’s streams, rivers and lakes by linking stormwater professionals with practical research applications.
We explore solutions to real-world problems through research partnerships with agencies across the Nation.
- Canon Furth, Master’s Student – Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Maddie Ludwig, Master’s Student – Civil and Environmental Engineering
- William Rainey, Master’s Student – Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Caroline Van Horn, Undergraduate Student – Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Reed Featherstone, Undergraduate Student – Civil and Environmental Engineering
The Colorado Stormwater Center is housed in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Colorado State University (CSU) under the One Water Solutions Institute. Our education and training workshops are provided by a variety of experienced professionals that work within academia, consulting, local government and private business.
- Tyler Dell – City of Longmont
- Holly Piza – Mile High Flood District
- Jeremiah Unger – Colorado Department of Transportation
- Candice Owen – Keep It Clean Partnership
- Brad Cox – City and County of Denver
- Wanda DeVargas – City of Greenwood Village
- Susan Strong – City of Fort Collins
- Chris Olson – Wright Water Engineers